We may not be magicians, but we have the professional tools that will leave your tile floors bright and shiny. Tile and grout cleaning is one of the professional services we offer customers in Northeast Wisconsin. We’ll leave your floors sparkling. Before we walk out your door, we’ll give you some cleaning tips so you can maintain that sparkle on your own.
Here is our recommendation for cleaning manmade ceramic or porcelain tile and natural stone flooring such as travertine, slate, marble, granite, or limestone. (You would clean the floor the same way, whether it’s manmade tile or natural stone.)
- Sweep the floor to remove any loose dirt or debris
- Wash the floor with a no-rinse cleaner, also known as a neutral pH cleaner
- A vinegar/water mixture is a natural alternative that works well also. Add a few ounces of vinegar to a quart of warm water, and start mopping
- A steam mop works well, as well as micro-fiber mops
- Avoid multi-surface cleaners like Top Job, Pine-Sol or Mr. Clean because they can leave a soapy residue in the grout line that’s a magnet for dirt. If you do use these detergents, be sure to rinse the floor thoroughly after cleaning.
Keeping the grout lines clean and stain free can be tricky. Grout is concrete, and it’s very porous. It absorbs dirt, mold, mildew, and bacteria and can erode over time. To keep the grout line clean and to prolong its life, we recommend sealing it. Sealing protects the grout line for 5-6 years. Flooring installers typically don’t return after the grout has cured to seal it, so it’s one of the professional cleaning services we offer.
How often you clean your tile or stone floor depends on your lifestyle. Homes with kids and pets or businesses with high traffic areas require more frequent cleaning.
We recommend contacting us to schedule floor cleaning every year or every other year. When the floor loses its shine, it’s time to give us a call to schedule a professional cleaning.
We’ll perform the magic that leave your floors sparkling. Call Randy at 920-604-3773 to schedule your appointment.